ISLAMABAD, Feb 22 (Alliance News): Minister of State for Interior Talal Chaudhry said that nearly 70 terrorists were neutralised after Pakistan carried out intelligence-based strikes on militant targets along the Pakistan–Afghanistan border.
The government confirmed that precision strikes were launched against seven terrorist camps and hideouts linked to Fitna al-Khawarij (FAK), its affiliates and Daesh-Khorasan, in response to recent suicide attacks in Islamabad, Bajaur and Bannu.
The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting described the operation as “precise and accurate,” adding that the attacks were orchestrated by Afghanistan-based handlers.
Speaking on Geo News programme “Geo Pakistan,” Talal Chaudhry said Pakistan was taking all necessary steps to protect the lives and property of its citizens.
He stated that the country had conducted around 70,000 intelligence-based operations (IBOs) within its territory, leading to the arrest of several suspects and disruption of militant networks.
He added that the recent cross-border strikes targeted multiple militant hideouts in Afghanistan’s border regions, including Barmal in Paktika province, Khogyani in Nangarhar, and areas such as Ghani Khel, Behsud and Argoon. According to the minister, a large number of the militants killed were Pakistani nationals.
Chaudhry said Pakistan had repeatedly urged Afghanistan to honour commitments made under the Doha Accord of 2020, which included assurances that Afghan soil would not be used for terrorist activities.
“Afghanistan has not fulfilled these commitments, and Pakistan cannot allow its territory and citizens to remain under threat,” he said.
He emphasised that Pakistan remained a responsible state that had hosted millions of Afghan refugees and provided economic assistance to Afghanistan, while continuing to seek peaceful and cooperative relations with its neighbour.
The minister noted that Pakistan’s concerns were shared internationally, adding that United Nations reports had also indicated the presence of multiple militant outfits operating in Afghanistan.
He called for unity among all political parties and national stakeholders to support security forces in the fight against terrorism.
“The entire nation stands with our armed forces with a clear objective to make Pakistan safe,” he said, referring to recent discussions at the apex committee where provincial and federal leadership pledged coordinated action.
Tensions between Islamabad and Kabul have escalated in recent months following a surge in terrorist incidents in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan.
Pakistan has repeatedly called on the Afghan Taliban authorities to take action against militant groups using Afghan territory, but progress has remained limited.
Security officials say that since the Taliban’s return to power in Afghanistan in 2021, cross-border militant activity has increased significantly.
In October 2025, clashes along the border resulted in the killing of more than 200 militants, while 23 Pakistani soldiers were martyred in the line of duty.
Earlier this week, a terrorist attack in Bajaur district killed 11 security personnel, while 12 militants were neutralised in a retaliatory operation. Officials said the attack was carried out by militants backed by foreign elements.
Authorities have reiterated that Pakistan will continue to take decisive and lawful action to eliminate terrorist threats and ensure national security, while also pursuing diplomatic channels to stabilise relations with Afghanistan.





